What you'll learn
- Accounting concepts & terms
- Debits & credits and the accounting equation
- Source documents
- Keeping a record of business activity in Sales, Purchases, Cash Receipts, Cash Payments and General Journals
- Maintaining the balances in the General Ledger, and the debtors and creditors ledgers
- Bringing your books to Trial Balance stage
- Preparing a Bank Reconciliation report
This course uses entirely manual bookkeeping methods - at no stage is any MYOB software used.
This course introduces the basic fundamentals of bookkeeping, teaching manual bookkeeping skills over two days using traditional paper-based methods.
We recommend this course for people with little or no experience of basic bookkeeping but who want to understand and learn the underlying concepts and manual methodology of double-entry accounting and bookkeeping.
This course does not include the use of MYOB software.
Already know accounting fundamentals and looking to learn MYOB software? Take a look at the other courses we have to offer.
Check the calendar for upcoming sessions
Change the state to view courses in other locations