What you'll learn
- Apply basic accounting concepts
- Recognise accounts as Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Expenses or Revenue type
- Apply business transactions on the accounting equation
- Read a Profit & Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Code transactions to appropriate accounts
- Understand how GST works and calculate GST to pay
- Identify capital vs revenue expenses
- Set up a successful accounts filing system
- Identify company profits vs personal income and who pays the income tax
This course has been designed as an introduction to accounting principles and is for beginners working in a New Zealand business environment. No previous knowledge of accounting is assumed and all concepts are introduced in a simple manner. The emphasis is on a practical approach that helps non-accountants learn some accounting basics that will assist you to successfully use accounting software. It is a non-computerised course and includes a series of exercises to help the learning process. Please note this course is not an MYOB software course.
We recommend this course for people with little or no experience of basic bookkeeping.
This course does not include the use of MYOB software.
Already know accounting fundamentals and looking to learn MYOB software? Take a look at the other courses we have to offer.
Check the calendar for upcoming sessions
Change the location to view courses in other locations